For those not familiar with the Shelby Cobra, at your leisure you should dive into the AC Cobra Wikipedia page. The car is powered by a Ford V8 engine and has been sporadically produced in the US and UK dating back to 1962. A new company based in Utah is changing the game by offering affluent clients the opportunity to own a brand new replica of a 1965 Shelby Cobra. Ornata Motors is combining all the advancements made in the automotive industry over the last 50 years with a lot of classic experiences that are missing from current sports cars.
Ornata Motors is producing a limited production series of high performance sports cars that will include 3 different models, the Spitfire, Thunderbolt and Lightning. The company has just completed a Spitfire this past week, the photos in this article are of that exact car. Ornata Motors recommends you go with a Dyno tested, custom built Ford 306 high performance engine that pushes out 370 horsepower and 350 ft/lbs of torque. The timeframe to order a new Spitfire is approximately 2 months and the new owners will be able to customize the color combination and custom options to their desired specification.
Power Plant and Chassis will include:
- 304 polished stainless steel headers and side pipes with integral glass pack mufflers.
- Twin tube powder coated steel race proven chassis, with front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones.
- Independent double arm front suspension featuring Koni coil-over shocks.
- 3-link rear axle featuring Koni coil-over shocks.
- Cast aluminum 17″ Halibrand-style DOT-safe wheels with Nitto performance tires.
- Front and rear performance 11.65” disc brakes.
- Hydraulic power steering.
- 15 gallon fuel tank.
Body and Interior you can expect:
- Authentic roadster style hand-built composite body, featuring high quality automotive multi-coat base/clear paint finish.
- Street-style hood with authentic hood scoop.
- Original-style headlights, turn signals, and brake lights.
- 3-point chrome roll-bar for both the driver and passenger.
- Original-style aluminum side louvers.
- Polished stainless steel hoop bumpers and overriders.
- Authentic Aston LeMans flip-type gas cap with integral pressure cap.
- Chrome “bullet-style” driver side mirror and classic pedestal mount rear view mirror.
- Authentic chrome plated vintage windscreen with side wind wings.
- Authentic L-shaped handles for the hood and a T-shaped handle for the trunk.
- Gas struts to support hood and trunk when in the open position.
- Rolled edges on the cockpit surround and inset dash.
- Black leather seats, and black carpet.
- 14″ vintage wood & aluminum steering wheel.
- Black vinyl padded dashboard with integrated glovebox, and vintage center dash support.
- Vintage style GPS gauge set, including speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, water temperature, fuel level, voltmeter, and clock. The speedometer features an LCD display which is capable of indicating the odometer reading, trip odometer, elevation, MPH digital display, compass heading, max speed recall, 0 to 60 time, and ¼ mile time.
- Authentic stainless steel shifter handle, boot, and polished ring.
- Simpson 5-point 3″ Racing Harness for driver and passenger.
Overall the Ornata Spitfire is a very exciting concept and has received tons of praise from classic car enthusiasts around the world. Anyone considering purchasing a Shelby Cobra should contact Ornata Motors to see if a vehicle from their Aviator Line will suit your needs. This is a car buying experience like no other, these cars turn heads and will certainly make a statement at any car show or gathering.